Monday, August 18, 2008

Father's Day

I know, I know Father's day was in June. But I just got around to getting the pictures from my mom and finally put on the blog. I wanted to share the cute story of John's first Father's Day. We surprised him good. First we had his mom come to service with us and while John was teaching Sunday School she slipped off with Elizabeth and met my mom at our new house (we were set to move in the next day). A good friend of ours took over the gift we had purchased a month ago and hid it in the garage for us. After Sunday School I blindfolded John in the car and drove him to the new house. Once we got there I took him out of the car and led him into the garage where our moms and Elizabeth were waiting. I took off the blindfold and there lay a brand new Troy Built Riding Lawn Mower. He was shocked. He had been saying all Spring how he was going to die trying to push mow our new 1 acre yard and wished we could buy a riding mower soon. I had decided in March to get him the mower and thanks to our moms were each able to pool together and purchase a mower for him. It was a good day!! John is the best Daddy in the whole world and Elizabeth and I are both blessed to have him in our lives.


No comments: